As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Last Day in My Pew... Sunday, February 26

The goodbyes have started.  They started earlier on this week but today, at church, I got an extra dose of extra sweet goodbyes to contend with.

My church, Grant African Church, best church ever... Just saying.

As church concluded I made my way out of my usual pew and towards the pastors at the front.  They offered to pray for me, for guidance and safety as I live the following three months in the Philippines, and then we exchanged small talk and giggles.  Many of the congregation also approached me, loaded me up with extra hugs and encouragement and then sent me on my way.

I had been joined by both Skittles and the Captain today for church but after church Skittles went his own way and the Captain and I headed to our traditional Sunday brunch hotspot -- Beachside Grill.

No comments: