As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

One Busy Day for Me in the City

 It was a cold, crisp day in the TDot and it was a super busy one for me too.
 But thanks to the super smiley hipster dudes at Pilot Coffee, I scored a super delish caffiene fix to jump start my day.  It was accompanied with a silly joke and a heart on top, nice.
 It's kind of hard living without Balboa, I will admit it, and it's especially hard when I see everyone else with their four-legged friends running around Toronto.  Today Balboa went to work so I scored a cute picture of him "working" hard.
I saw him briefly today.  In between doing my laundry and meeting with a Kijiji buyer, I made a quick snack and enjoyed it with him beside me.

My snack, I call it the Pick-Me-Up-Protein-Quickie.  

Peanut butter always makes me happy so I figured after a super busy day, a day that was no where close to ending when I stopped for this snack, I'd mix peanut butter with some "stuff" for a quick snack.  In a blender, I mixed natural peanut butter, natural almond butter with banana flavoured protein powder.  I then spread it on a piece of whole wheat Ezekiel and topped it off with a light drizzle of honey... holy delish!!!

No comments: