As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Good Thing I Don't Have a "Job"... Thursday, February 9

Today's Schedule...
10:00am.... Union Station -- shuttle bus for my client
10:30am.... Pilot Coffeee -- much needed caffeine before coaching
11:10am.... Lakeshore Condo -- personal training
1:00pm...... Eaton Centre -- give my business proposal questionnaire to a friend
1:20pm...... College Park Winner's -- buy a light jacket
1:50pm...... Sobey's -- pick up something to eat on the go
2:00pm...... Captain Bowtie's Office -- friendly espresso time and pics for Kijiji ad
4:15pm...... Dr. Mobo's Office -- check-up and shots for the Philippines
5:20pm...... Distillery District Home -- drop off my bag and pick up my training gear
5:40pm...... Downtown Condo -- start my laundry and have a brief break with Balboa
6:00pm...... Self Storage -- pick up stuff I sold today
7:00pm...... Downtown Condo -- meet with Kijiji buyer and throw in next load of laundry
9:00pm...... College Park Winner's -- exchange jacket for a different size
9:30pm...... System Fitness -- weight training
11:00pm.... Snakes & Lattes -- business proposal work time
1:00am...... Golden Griddle -- discussion regarding Philippines' plane ticket
2:30am..... Distillery District Home -- post Kijiji ads and continue on business proposal

I woke up at 8:30am today and went to bed around 4:30am.  It was 20 hour day, a make up day of pure productivity after yesterday's lack of progress and work, and it had me running around the city to roughly 14 different places.  

I felt great and I felt mentally and physically refuelled despite the lack of fuel I had eaten today.  I had left my house around 9:50am, thinking I'd be back around 1pm, but it wasn't until 5:20pm that I actually returned.  And even then, when I did return, it was only to drop off my stuff and pick up my gear.  It was but a mere pit stop, not a break, so my go-go-go day continued.  It wasn't until after 2am that I returned home but even then it was only to continue working.  I crashed around 4:30am.  

But I felt on fire.  Consequently I got in a solid leg workout.

I know I killed it on legs with weight training when I end the training session feeling like I want to puke. Sumo squats, leg extensions, squat presses, hamstring curls... You name it, I killed it.  Cranked out four sets on the leg press and maxed it out by pressing the entire weight stack plus an added weight plate I attached.  

"Bro... I squat!"  Ain't that the truth and the truth is in my tush.  

"Round like your mama's summer watermelon."  Now that's round!!!

Tonight's training was fuelled by the fact that I had accidentally drank someone else's coffee -- a coffee that had 2 sugars in it and I can't even remember the last time I had sugar -- had a "5 hour" energy shot and felt pressured to go extra hard because I hadn't trained last night with the weights. 

Ended up incorporating a whole other set of exercises due to me wanting to avoid a certain someone who pretty much arrived at the gym no sooner had I started training -- Creepy Old Man.  The other day my pastor, Tony The Tiger, told someone that he viewed me as a daughter and, well, I saw that come out tonight when that certain someone walked into sight while I stood talking to The Tiger.  I put my arm around The Tiger, turned him towards the change room, and walked away with him.  He looked as if he was going to punch Creepy Old Man; he definitely wasn't impressed.  

No comments: