As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Good Thing I Don't Have a "Job"... Thursday, February 9

Today's Schedule...
10:00am.... Union Station -- shuttle bus for my client
10:30am.... Pilot Coffeee -- much needed caffeine before coaching
11:10am.... Lakeshore Condo -- personal training
1:00pm...... Eaton Centre -- give my business proposal questionnaire to a friend
1:20pm...... College Park Winner's -- buy a light jacket
1:50pm...... Sobey's -- pick up something to eat on the go
2:00pm...... Captain Bowtie's Office -- friendly espresso time and pics for Kijiji ad
4:15pm...... Dr. Mobo's Office -- check-up and shots for the Philippines
5:20pm...... Distillery District Home -- drop off my bag and pick up my training gear
5:40pm...... Downtown Condo -- start my laundry and have a brief break with Balboa
6:00pm...... Self Storage -- pick up stuff I sold today
7:00pm...... Downtown Condo -- meet with Kijiji buyer and throw in next load of laundry
9:00pm...... College Park Winner's -- exchange jacket for a different size
9:30pm...... System Fitness -- weight training
11:00pm.... Snakes & Lattes -- business proposal work time
1:00am...... Golden Griddle -- discussion regarding Philippines' plane ticket
2:30am..... Distillery District Home -- post Kijiji ads and continue on business proposal

I woke up at 8:30am today and went to bed around 4:30am.  It was 20 hour day, a make up day of pure productivity after yesterday's lack of progress and work, and it had me running around the city to roughly 14 different places.  

I felt great and I felt mentally and physically refuelled despite the lack of fuel I had eaten today.  I had left my house around 9:50am, thinking I'd be back around 1pm, but it wasn't until 5:20pm that I actually returned.  And even then, when I did return, it was only to drop off my stuff and pick up my gear.  It was but a mere pit stop, not a break, so my go-go-go day continued.  It wasn't until after 2am that I returned home but even then it was only to continue working.  I crashed around 4:30am.  

But I felt on fire.  Consequently I got in a solid leg workout.

I know I killed it on legs with weight training when I end the training session feeling like I want to puke. Sumo squats, leg extensions, squat presses, hamstring curls... You name it, I killed it.  Cranked out four sets on the leg press and maxed it out by pressing the entire weight stack plus an added weight plate I attached.  

"Bro... I squat!"  Ain't that the truth and the truth is in my tush.  

"Round like your mama's summer watermelon."  Now that's round!!!

Tonight's training was fuelled by the fact that I had accidentally drank someone else's coffee -- a coffee that had 2 sugars in it and I can't even remember the last time I had sugar -- had a "5 hour" energy shot and felt pressured to go extra hard because I hadn't trained last night with the weights. 

Ended up incorporating a whole other set of exercises due to me wanting to avoid a certain someone who pretty much arrived at the gym no sooner had I started training -- Creepy Old Man.  The other day my pastor, Tony The Tiger, told someone that he viewed me as a daughter and, well, I saw that come out tonight when that certain someone walked into sight while I stood talking to The Tiger.  I put my arm around The Tiger, turned him towards the change room, and walked away with him.  He looked as if he was going to punch Creepy Old Man; he definitely wasn't impressed.  

No comments: