As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

A First Time Experience and I Loved It!

Trained through sore feet and bloody knuckles at the boxing club today.
Note, I am well aware that it looks like I peed my pants here, it looks like that every single day I train, but everyone here knows what I'm doing... I'm training.  
Looking pretty isn't my focus, killing it at training is.
Had my first ride in a jeepney today... loved it!!!
I insisted on sitting right at the door, right at the end.
It was pretty cool watching all the traffic behind us.
A small child jumped on the jeepney by himself.  He put a little brown envelop on my knee. Apparently it was for me to put any loose change in it if I wanted to.  He had no shoes on and his feet were super dirty consequently.  I watched him as he fell asleep on the seat across me and then woke up to jump off the jeepney and join his friend begging in the street.
Arrived at my destination, the Farmer's Market, 
feeling a bit heartbroken over the little boy on the jeepney.
 Loaded up on fresh veggies and fruit... delish!!!

No comments: