As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, March 31, 2017

About to Curl Up and Die... Friday, March 31

I once dated a guy that used to always so "No rice no life" and with his Vietnamese accent he sported when saying it the line rhyme.  It doesn't rhyme when I say it but rice the other day meant no life for me today... No life for me actually both yesterday AND today.  

I ate bad rice?!  How is that even possible to kill rice?  I don't know but I guess anything is possible.  

I felt a bit off yesterday going into sparring but I thought that was just nerves -- me being unsure of how sparring would go down and how rough Coach Arman would be with me.  But last night I most definitely felt off and it only got worse.  Today I woke up and all I wanted to do was stay in the fetal position.

No boxing on account I felt like I was dying... Well, that and I had to go to the bathroom pretty much every 15 minutes.  My body held on to absolutely nothing I ate today so I ate so little.  And despite having "lost" everything I ate yesterday too, I wasn't hungry.  I didn't eat and I didn't drink.  I just laid there in pain.

I did get into the gym for a seriously solid upper body workout in the late evening though so that was a huge but unexpected success.   I killed it on the weights and then killed it with a decent run on the treadmill.  I even made a runner out of a non-believer -- someone who said they couldn't run.  How's that for a total turn of events for a day that started off with me feeling like my tummy was revolting and about to explode from the pain to leaving me on such a high from killing it at training and making a runner out of my gym buddy... Sweet.

No comments: