As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Out and About with Mr. Button.. then back to the Fetal Position

There's always a lot of four-legged friends for Balboa to run into whenever I'm out with him.
Eastwood is pretty dog-friendly in that there's a lot of dogs and dogs can even get "pet passes" 
so that they can be allowed in the shopping mall.
However there are certain signs around town that remind me that this is an upscale place that yes, may be pet-friendly, but it's also one that wants to remain very clean and tidy.
Sorry Balboa, no peeing here.  No pooping, I can understand, but no peeing.  Really?!
That's hard for Balboa to comprehend.  He likes to pee on pretty much everything outside,.. the heads of fellow four-legged friends included, yup.

[side note:  Balboa isn't greasy or in need of a shower here.  It's so hot I decided to relieve 
him of the heat by pouring a cup of iced water on him.]
 Keep walking Balboa.  No peeing here.

No comments: