As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Another Experience for the Books

My beautiful Balboa joined me at the pool today and sat there while I did my laps. 
To tell you the truth, a big part of me is ever so tempted to bring him into the pool with me.
I'm curious if he'd swim.  Maybe he might love it as much as my dog Mi Nam in Korea did.
Laps in the afternoon and weights in the evening -- the life of an athlete.
Got all dolled up today for a night out... and by "all dolled up" I mean I got out of training wear and put on "normal people" clothes.  I even wore heels!  Now that's super dressed up!
Was treated to a Filipino dish called "sisig" and it was super delish, that is until I discovered a chunk of hair.  Turns out sisig is pig's ear and that chunk of hair was attached to a chunk of the pig's ear.  
And just like that I was totally done that dish.  
To tell you the truth, even looking at this picture here turns my stomach. 
Don't get me wrong though, it tasted so good.... until it didn't, until I was told what it was.

No comments: