As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Feeling ALL the Training... Saturday, March 11

I woke up today pretty much feeling like a truck had hit me and updated my Facebook status with the following...
"It's Saturday and my body so clearly knows it and so obviously feels it.  One more day till my first day off training since arriving.  My body says "YESSSSSS" but my mind says "Hell no!"
My body DOES feel it; it feels every single training session this past week.  But you know what, I love it... Love, love, L-O-V-E, love it.  I've reached the point where every day there is something sore on my body.  Today it's pretty much my entire body though.  I've got bloody knuckles and sore feet from boxing and last night I pulled a muscle in my groin at weight training.  I've never pulled a groin muscle but let me tell you this, I apologize for anyone who has, yikes.  It's painful.  And not only is it painful but it's so inappropriate for me to do what I want to do and that's put pressure on it.  I'm walking around trying to walk it out when really all I want to do is put my hand on it.  At several moments of weakness throughout today I stood there and did exactly that though I'm sure onlookers looking at me thought I was grabbing my crotch or trying to touch myself.  I really didn't care though, it hurt.

I'm a hot mess.

I still don't have an official membership at Fitness First, which I have personally renamed "Frustration First" consequently.  The low down on that situation is they offer a 5 month membership, 6 month and 1 year.  I'm only here for 3 months though so I'm needing a 3 month membership.  A full week of numerous meetings with the gym's manager and still no resolution.  It's not brain surgery but it is incredibly frustrating.   The entire front desk feels my frustration too and they no longer ask me about my membership but instead just ask me to sign in and then they let me go train.  I had a three day pass and then I've been training for about 6 days now with nothing but my signature granting me permission to do so.  

Tonight I totally called them out on this frustrating situation.  "I own my own gym and this whole back and forth, indecisiveness, is incredibly unprofessional," was what I told them.  

Frustrations to be continued on Monday, with another meeting... Wow.

Besides the frustrations with wanting to sign up and not being able to, I do really like the gym.  The older ladies that clean the place always smile and wink at me, I'm a familiar face among a group of foreign dudes training there so they always say hi to me.  I tease the one guy about his box jumps which I should note that he finally did successfully tonight.  Props to him for that.  The other day he was struggling to do them and I caught it on camera -- I posted it on my Instagram Story. 

[Side note, follow me on Instagram -- DeadAimAmy.]

Today's training included 60 laps in the pool then lower body weight training at the gym. 

No comments: