As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Checking Out Different Training Facilities

First on my list of places to visit today was the ever so famous Elorde Boxing Cluh.
It was 32 degrees Celsius outside but hovering above 35 in the club, wow.
I've been in a boxing club before in the Philippines, Ali Boxing Club, and so I was anticipating the extreme heat and lack of air con.  I knew it'd be intense.  I like intense.
I love this shot -- the lone female fighter hitting the heavy bag.
Next to visit was Gerry Penalosa Boxing Gym.
I stepped into the gym and was greeted by the boxing ring right at the front door.
The head coach was training away at the other end of the club and he stopped to chat with us.
 Next, it was off to check out a weight training gym -- Gold's Gym.
I was impressed by the amount of equipment and machines here but it was so darkly lit, 
there was no music and there really wasn't any strong, positive energy or vibe present.
I did however love their second floor, the functional training area.  
This somewhat made up for the lack of positive vibe here.

No comments: