As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Cutest Conversation Ever... Thursday, March 23

With the high of yesterday's boxing and the dinner party, I decided to bask in thoughts of it....

Okay, so I got lazy with getting up today.  It's true.  But I was still very much on a high from all the awesomeness of what went down yesterday.

It took me a full two hours to get my lazy Polish butt out of the door and out to training.  Fasted cardio on a grumbling tummy, I don't recommend it but I killed it.  I walked in with my bed head and layers on, knowing full well that I'd be walking out with sweaty hair pasted to my head and my sweater dripping with gym nasty sweat.

Headed to the pool in early afternoon for a swim and had the cutest encounter ever with an adorable boy sporting curly locks.  It was sparked when I noticed his inflatable tube was drifting into the pool and his nanny had told him he wasn't allowed in there alone.  He had to stay in the children's shallow pool so I called out to him and offered to retrieve it.  Here's the conversation that went down.
ME:  Excuse me cutie, do you want me to get your tube?
HIM:  Yes,... Yes, please!
[Retrieved the tube by swimming out to it and then swimming to him standing poolside]
ME:  There you go.
HIM:  Are you a mermaid?
ME:  Hahaha... No, I'm not a mermaid.
HIM:  You're the coolest mermaid I've ever met!
ME:  And you're the coolest little boy I've ever met!
[The little boy then sees my sandals, grabs them and then runs in the direction of the security.  He thought someone had forgotten them.]
ME:  No... Wait, those are mine!!!
HIM:  Yours?!
ME:  Well, kind of... They're my dog's! [pointing to Balboa under my lawn chair]
Hey, who was I to tell this little cutie that mermaids don't exsit, right? Right.  I only have two questions though, just how many mermaids has this little guy met and why didn't I when I was his age meet any mermaids?!  When I was his age, I believed in the tooth fairy and unicorns but not mermaids.  Perhaps the strangest thing I believed in was doppelgangers, I was totally spooked at the thought of them, and sasquatches, of which I used to believe one lived in the creek by my house and that's why my parents never allowed me there by myself.

No comments: