As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Struggle for Patience


Laugh as you may at the sight of Balboa totally flopped out here on the couch. 
He is exactly like me and this is exactly how I spent the first two hours of my day, flopped on the couch only I didn't have anyone snapping pics of me like him.
Once I got my day going though I was in full swing action mode.  I got in a solid fasted cardio session done at the gym this morning, did some swimming, and then I killed it with a solid weight training session.

I posted this above picture on Instagram and Facebook because lately I've been struggling with patience.  It never really was a quality of mine but it's really gone MIA since I arrived in the Philippines.  I'm killing it at training, seriously killing it.  I don't think I could possibly train any harder.  I'm ending training with bloody knuckles, swollen muscles and aching bones and I'm eating super clean, cooking pretty much all my meals.  I really thought I'd come here and get shredded like it's nobody's business and super fast because my training is more intense, my meals are cleaner, I'm able to sleep longer and better, and my stress is much lower.  

But it's not happening like that and my patience is getting tested.  Results are happening but the speed at which they're happening had really started to stress me out.  Today I decided to put my eagerness for results on the back burner and just focus on the process, not the results.  And you know what, I actually enjoyed training today and after weights I looked at myself in the mirror and it was the first time in awhile I was honestly proud of how my body looked.

Patience, it's not my friend but I'm trying to practice making it.

No comments: