As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

From the Market to High Class Dining... Tuesday, March 28

Took a jeepney trip to the Farer's Market and bought pretty much my body weight in veggies and fresh fruits.  Meant to explore the market more but that was put to a sudden stop when I looked up and discovered which part of the market I had detoured into -- the meat section.  

I love meat, chicken is my go-to, but I'm always hesitant when overseas eating meat so buying raw meat hanging on hooks in the middle heat of day in the Philippines wasn't going to happen.  I can't even stomach the butcher shops in Canada and ever since I stayed at my friend's chicken farm when I was a kid, I've become somewhat of a princess when it comes to meat.  For the longest time my mom used to cut my quarter chicken dinner whenever we ate at Swiss Chalet and God knows the meat I bought to cook at home never really looked like it was formerly a walking, breathing animal.  It's always nicely packed so it's been plucked, cut, cleaned, and wrapped. 

After the Farmer's Market, I headed out for training at Fitness First -- weights and then cardio.  I had hit the gym early today because of a special dinner party I was attending tonight.

Word that I was a professional boxer and trainer was revealed pretty quickly and next thing I knew it some of the ladies at the dinner party were approaching me.  They complimented me on my body, a couple even grabbed my shoulders, and then the questions about training started.  They wanted to know what exercises to do and what weights to use.  All dressed up for a fancy dinner at a gorgeous home across town and yet there I was teaching a few of the ladies how to do walking lunges and correcting them on their form.  Too funny.  

No comments: