As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Highlights of My New Found Hood

Yup, definitely a good call on breakfast out.  I'm sure that pretty young waitress who stopped me in the street to tell me about this all-you-can-eat breakfast wasn't thinking I'd eat my weight in food here but voila, here I am, day two of doing exactly that.  As for the rest of the day, I eat like a typical starving athlete.
 Went exploring my "hood" today and this is the view from the 5th floor balcony.
It looks down on the outdoor mall.  In the middle there, that's all water.
 On the 5th floor there's a condo gym, holy ghetto, and an outdoor pool, holy awesome.
 There's also a garden too and it's the perfect get-away spot in the busyness of downtown here.
Checked out a bit of the night life here when I was treated out to dinner tonight.

No comments: