As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Calculating Costs... Sunday, March 5

Still somewhat stuck on Canadian time, which I'm fully aware it's not actually called "Canadian time", thanks. I woke up today around 5:30am and struggled with the realization that the mall didn't open until 11am.  I needed to get my wifi set up there.

I have a Philippine phone number now but no wifi.  Stores and shops don't give you their wifi password unless you purchase something, often they change it on a daily bases too and I'm on a tight budget so I can't exactly afford to go that route. I've treated myself to a few coffees out, for the sake of the wifi and getting out of the condo, but coffee here is so expensive in comparison to every thing else.  

I judge the price of everything based on that all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at Bigoli.

Breakfast costs me 199Php, that's about $5.30 Canadian.  

Tonight I had a business meeting to attend over in another city, in Bonifacio Global City (BGC), a super posh city the Philippines that felt very much like Yorkville in Toronto.  The meal for the four of us cost about 3,700PP, $100 Canadian.

I could have bought 18 all-you-can-eat breakfasts, that's more than half a month's worth, PLUS had change left over!

My budget is to stay under $150 a week. 

No comments: