As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, March 03, 2017

Kicking Things Off With an Ultra Busy Day

Next week I'll start training at the boxing club but till then I'm looking for a local gym to train at.
I'll be doing both boxing and weight training, plus switching up between running and swimming. 
Perk of this gym, well one of them, is the coffee!!!
If the smell of it at the entrance doesn't help to perk you up then perhaps you'll be happy to 
enjoy a cup of it before hitting the weights... or after... or before AND after.  
Too much coffee?! Is that even such a thing?!
Breakfast has always been my biggest meal so I've decided that it's actually cheaper to go
out for breakfast after training.  I go there straight after training, while I'm still gym nasty sweaty,
 before the hangry pains kick in.
I left most of my unpacking to today but Balboa wasn't so helpful with that.
He was helpful with keeping me company though while I worked at a local coffee shop.
I'm so glad I fought so hard to bring him here, seriously.  I'm so much more comfortable, knowing that he's here safe and happy with me.  The fact that he's an overdose of cuteness and a nice distraction from what I have to do is pure perk.

No comments: