As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Friday, March 03, 2017

Kicking Things Off With an Ultra Busy Day

Next week I'll start training at the boxing club but till then I'm looking for a local gym to train at.
I'll be doing both boxing and weight training, plus switching up between running and swimming. 
Perk of this gym, well one of them, is the coffee!!!
If the smell of it at the entrance doesn't help to perk you up then perhaps you'll be happy to 
enjoy a cup of it before hitting the weights... or after... or before AND after.  
Too much coffee?! Is that even such a thing?!
Breakfast has always been my biggest meal so I've decided that it's actually cheaper to go
out for breakfast after training.  I go there straight after training, while I'm still gym nasty sweaty,
 before the hangry pains kick in.
I left most of my unpacking to today but Balboa wasn't so helpful with that.
He was helpful with keeping me company though while I worked at a local coffee shop.
I'm so glad I fought so hard to bring him here, seriously.  I'm so much more comfortable, knowing that he's here safe and happy with me.  The fact that he's an overdose of cuteness and a nice distraction from what I have to do is pure perk.

No comments: