As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

All Day But No Time... Sunday, April 2

Showed up at Fitness First for training at 5:40pm and instantly knew something was up.  No one was really there, the music had been turned off and the staff we're all being oddly super productive and were cleaning up.  Turns out they close at 6pm on Sundays, not 7pm like I had believed.

Great.

Two days in a row I've missed weight training. I wasn't impressed with myself.

I missed training today because I was out of town with friends, so despite being upset I missed training it was hard to stay angry because I did enjoy myself.

Note to self:  Learn to relax a little.

No comments: