As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Home Coffee and Home Girls

It's funny because just when I feel miles away from "home", I stop and ponder where I really have labeled "home".  I still very much feel like it's Korea but then there are times when I feel it's Canada. Today I was out of town and was shown this place -- Tim Horton's!!!  And you know I couldn't just simply walk on by.  I had to get a cup.  Got a double, double and yup, it tasted just like home... home 1 of 2.   
The Philippines is starting to feel like a home away from home, a third home, and the fact that I'm meeting some fabulous new friends here is most definitely aiding in creating this feeling.
Enjoyed the company of two super sweet ladies, a mother and daughter team.

No comments: