As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Back to Basics... Tuesday, April 4

Was indecisive about whether or not to grow out my hair -- the shaved part of my head.  At first I wanted to grow it out, to change it up, but the in between stage was starting to agitate me and my natural colour coming out was such a contrast from the other side of my head that's bleached blonde.  So I shaved it. 

Was out of town today, location scouting, so being out of the condo meant eating out.

What I ate today:
Oatmeal banana pancake (cooked and ate at home)
Orange
Green smoothie
Coronado coffee and banana bread
Chicago popcorn
Burger with mushrooms
Protein shake (after tonight's training)

I've come to the conclusion that my results with my training here really has nothing to do with my training but everything to do with my eating.  With the exception of the Chicago popcorn and the French fries I stole off of someone's plate, I ate fairly healthy considering I'm in the Philippines, traveling around with a Filipino.  Filipinos seem to be all about the fried this, fried that and downing it with Coke.  There's always either rice or noodles that accompanies it too.

I'm training like a beast -- 6 days a week, twice a day -- but I don't think my eating it on par with my training.  I don't think I'm eating enough.  It's hot here and I tend to under eat.  I'm drinking water like it's nobody's business, averaging 3Ls a day, and that leaves me already feeling bloated and full so it's somewhat counterproductive.  

Plan is to go back to basics -- use MyFitnessPlan to work out my calorie count stuff with my eating.  

No comments: