As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Big, Big Booty... Saturday, April 1

Had a most unexpected turn of events today when I was interrupted after lunch to be told that I had just been put on the guest list for tonight's Iggy Azalea concert in Manila.

My friend Bubbles had the mad hook ups so I had her to thank.

Showed up in BGC for the concert.

The doors opened at 10pm, we expected Iggy around 12am but it wasn't until 1:30am she came on stage.  Don't even get me started about the overkill with the questionable pre-show entertainment -- a singer in a frumpy outfit with worse-than mom jeans jeans on and two DJs that were good until they weren't (they played on for way too long).  Not my show so not my decisions, not my problem.

Besides the flop with the pre-show, the actual show itself -- Iggy -- was amazing.

She was only on stage for an hour but it was a solid hour and she kept it going with little to no breaks. At one point I realized I had no idea what she was singing.  I was way too distracted by her body. I've seen Iggy in her music videos and in recorded interviews before but it was a whole other thing seeing her in person.  I thought she was gorgeous but with her standing in at 5ft10" bare foot but wearing heeled boots for the show and sporting her curves that kick way louder than the TV camera ever showed, she looked like a super hero to me.  She was this super hero of a woman, standing like an Amazon woman beside her overly toned backup dancers who because of the body type differences and whatnot only worked to further exaggerate Iggy's height and curves.

And here I thought I had a big booty.  Iggy's backside is seriously like a shelf and I love, love, LOVE how she worked her look.  She sported short booty shorts to exaggerate her backside, tall blue boots to exaggerate her strong, thick legs and then her high waisted shorts mixed with her sporty crop top really worked great to exaggerate her thin waist.  Iggy looked amazing!

No comments: