As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Needing to Nap... Monday, April 10

I'm somewhat relieved to hear Coach Garry admit to me that he's not feeling good because of the weather.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy to hear he's not okay but I'm relieved to hear that even the Filipinos think the temperatures at the boxing club are intense.  Every time I train I'm convinced I couldn't possibly sweat any more... And then I do.  I sweat even more then the time before.  

Poor Coach Garry stretches me after every few rounds of pad work.  Stretches out sweat gym nasty me.  Yuke.  

I drank 2Ls of water during training today, then I resorted to buying a 500ml Pocari Sweat sports drink and downed that before I finished training. 

Thanks to Fitness First here for the water!!! I bring a 2L water jug to weight training and fill it up before I head out the door to go back to the condo.  (And I get someone else to fill up another 2L for me too.)

I got asked again if I wanted to participate in an upcoming boxing tournament here in the Philippines.  It's not a big tournament and it's amateur but I'm contemplating it.  After all, I've yet to sign for a fight and my frustrations with killing myself continually and having no real goal beyond not totally passing out, puking or dying at training isn't good enough for me.  I'm not amateur though but they keep on asking.  Ask me enough times and I just may say okay.

I really need to sleep more, I know.  My body is taking a beating like it's nobody's business, seriously.  I go full speed at training twice a day, burning approximently 1000 calories alone at boxing and then I go and hit the weights.  In between training though I'm eating and running around doing other stuff, like checking out different locations possibilities and playing with Balboa but I'm not napping like I should.  The heat in this country leaves me not feeling so hungry and the amount of water I'm drinking leaves me totally hydrated but often feeling bloated and thus not hungry.  Just today I drank roughly 5.5Ls of water.  As mentioned above, at boxing alone I drank 2.5Ls of liquid -- 2Ls of water and then 500ml of Pocari Sweat.  

Starting next week, the plan is to schedule in daily naps, seriously.  I need to make a schedule for myself, to keep myself focused and on track.

Sample Schedule:
8am.                          Meal #1
10am-12:30pm         Boxing at Elorde
12:30pm.                  Go swimming.
1:30pm.                    Meal #2.
2-3:30pm.                 Nap time
3:30pm.                    Meal #3
4-6pm.                      Go to Starbucks to work on my business stuff
6pm.                         Meal #4
8:30-10pm.              Weight training at Fitness First
10pm.                       Meal #5

No comments: