As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Venturing Around Outside of Eastwood

 Headed out of town to look at some business locations and ended up taking a wrong turn.
Figured it out... I was right smack dab in the middle of the red light district.
And as if the Philippines wasn't already all about boxing, turns out there's a section of the red light district that caterers to their love of boxing.  Is it odd that I am rather curious to watch midget boxing?!  I mean, I don't care to see nude boxers though we do fight half naked as it is, but I do want to see them fight.
 In trying to find what I was looking for, I wondered into a boxing club.  
A boxing club where legit fighters were training... see, they're half naked!
And then I found myself walking into yet another boxing club.
 This second club was packed.  It's open 24/7, that's crazy.
Random show and tell here... a secret door that screams "cool factor".
It looks like a closet, it opens like a closet, it even has coats in it like a closet but when you push away those coats you'll see it leads to a secret upscale cigar lounge.  One word: awesome!!!
 Ended up finding where it was I needed to be.
 I got a bit distracted though, again... discovered an outdoor church that was so pretty.

No comments: