As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

One Massive Gym, Fit for a Champ


Arrived at City Club, a massive building out in Makati.
It was a most unexpected sight to see when I stepped out of the elevator!!!
 In addition to the massive weight training gym and all the playing courts that greeted me as soon as I got off the elevator, I was told that on the next floor up there's an olympic-sized pool!
 This place was massive, to say the very least.
I vouch it's way too pretty for me and way too modern but will say that I definitely loved the spinning area where participants can hook up their own bikes and get in a sick workout.
 Located right beside the weight room, there was the boxing club -- Hernandez Boxing.
I had been personally invited to come train there today.
Thanks to Coach Kristian for the invite and for training me.
 Special thanks to Coach Vincent too for the padwork and to Aston for letting me watch him train.
 Aston is the much anticipated next world champ and after catching him doing padwork, wow, he's definitely a fighter to watch!

No comments: