As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 28, 2017

A Forced Night Off... Friday, April 28

Got in a solid workout at boxing this morning.  I did some extra rounds on the heavy bag, making sure to work on a particular exercise Coach Kristian had taught me yesterday.  

The fact that it was Friday night was irrelevant to me.  The fact that it was a holiday was irrelevant to me too, that is until it wasn't.  I showed up for weight training tonight at 7:30pm only to then find out the hard way about the holiday hours thanks to the lights being turned off at 8pm.  

I found out at 8pm that the gym closed at 8pm, great.

With pre workout already pumping through my body and me already getting a good sweat on, I then had to suddenly stop my workout and leave.

I hate holiday hours!

I instantly had a free night to do whatever I wanted but with working out being the focus of me here, working out was all I really wanted to do.

What was I going to do beyond workout?!  What could I do beyond workout?!

Eat.

So that's exactly what I did.  I checked out a new restaurant here in Eastwood and indulged on some super fresh, ultra healthy eating -- a poke bowl.

No comments: