As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Sinfully Delish Eating... Sunday, April 9

Yesterday was definitely a refuel day for me, I ate my body weight in carbs alone at lunch, but then I woke up and remembered I had a family birthday lunch party to attend.  Whenever there's a day with a family outing it's most definitely either a cheat meal day or a refuelled day.  My intentions were to make today my cheat meal day.

Cheat meal day
A day when one meal out of my many meals ignores my macros, skips the clean eating and I simply eat whatever "dirty food" I want.  My go-to cheat meal food is always something high carb, like simply bread or pizza.  Bread is my krypotnite. 

Refuel day
A day where I maintain my clean eating but eat a surplus of calories, especially those of carbs!

The goal is to have one cheat meal every week to a week and a half and then the same for a refuel day.  That's the goal but in actuality I must admit I'm quilt of cheating every couple of days with a small treat -- breaking up my one big cheat meal into smaller cheat snacks. 

Yesterday I had my refuel day and today I had my cheat meal day.  I was doing so good until I wasn't.  My frozen yogurt dessert turned dirty with some "soft cookie caramel" sauce poured onto it and that was okay but then I got treated out to pizza in the evening.  Two cheat meals today... Hmmm.  Two cheat meals and no training.  An overdose of dirty eating on a lazy day of rest.

I'm going to feel all this extra food in my belly tomorrow at training... You just wait! Yikes.

No comments: