As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Boxing is ALL Around Me

If training barefoot the other day and scoring "gym feet" took me to a whole other level of 
training than training injured today definitely pushed me to another level too. 
I was pushed to extremes today and doubted if I could finish but then I met this 
fierce, fabulous female and not finishing suddenly wasn't even an option.
 Rewarded myself after boxing with a dip in the pool... sweaty clothes and all.
 And just when my day of boxing was done, I walked into the mall and was greeted by this -- my gym Fitness First doing a promo event.  They were doing a kick boxing class and there was a screamer, oh gosh.  A participant that insisted on continually screaming.  He was so loud and I'm sorry but I couldn't stop laughing.  I'm convinced that the girl in front of him, also doing the class, wanting nothing more than to drop kick him, seriously!!!

No comments: