As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Sweaty It Out

Elorde was busy today so the temps in the club was extra high, meaning training was 
instantly extra intense as we all breathed in the same stale, hot air.
 I don't know how these coaches do it, seriously.  By the time Coach Garry finishes doing padwork with me he looks just as sweaty as I am.  I get to go home and shower but he's got to stay here all day!  I know they have a small house and shower facilities for the coaches downstairs but that doesn't exactly fuel them with the needed energy to continue a full day of coaching.
Cheered on some of the beginner female fighters as they sparred today.
Coach Rocky was busy picking fruit from a tree beside the club so he picked an extra two for me.
I was warned that the fruit might be a bit sour but telling me "a bit" was the understatement of the year!  After training, back at my condo pool, I bit into one of these and ended up spitting it into the garden. 
Despite exhausting myself at boxing and needing to rest up for tonight's weight training, I got convinced by a certain Filipino hottie to go shopping.  Those that know me well know how much I hate shopping.  I only like shopping when it's for food or training gear. 
I told him I'd go on one condition and that being he had to buy me a fruit smoothie from a shop here I love.  He did better than just that though.  He ended up buying me a funky cool new camouflage handbag.

No comments: