As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Sweet Kind of Day... Sunday, May 14

This time in two weeks I'll be touching down in the Great White North pretty much penniless and homeless... and then I have to figure out how I'm going to get my butt back here to the Philippines.

The life of an entrepreneur, the story of a starving athlete -- the struggle IS real and it's continual.

I'm eager to see my friends in Canada, to train at System and attend Grant Church.  Today I headed to CCF by myself and I felt totally lost in a sea of Filipinos and Filipinas.  I definitely was the odd one out.  Despite sitting in a section of the church that is first to fill up, no one sat beside me.  It was me, them, and five seats of emptiness separating us.

After church I got invited out for lunch so I took an Uber to BGC where I enjoyed some Japanese dining.  Lunch was then followed by coffee at none other than the one Tim Hortons I've spotted since being here.  The funny thing is I don't really love Tim Hortons coffee and I always get a good giggle at just how jam packed the place gets but it's a taste of Toronto and I love Toronto.

Want to confuse a Filipino working at Timmies here, order a triple-double.

I waited 15 minutes for my medium double-double, sweetener instead of sugar.

I'm still super sore from yesterday's leg workout and my gym membership at Fitness First just expired.  I took tonight off the weights, not just because I was sore but more so because my condo's gym is rather ghetto and I've seen people with bigger bedrooms than it.  Plan is to hold off till I move into my new condo in Makati.

I enjoyed a cheat meal today but must admit I loaded it up.  Yesterday I pushed through a No Carb Day that proved to be harder than expected because of being out with friends at FightCon.   I stuck to protein and veggies... and coffee.  My cheat meal tonight consisted of pizza and.... drum roll, please... a piece of that double chocolate cake from Starbucks.  I had struggled through the total distraction of it that it posed to me on Friday when I was suppose to be working on my business proposal.  I shared the cake but two bites into it I realized first hand why that couple had nursed it for so long and why they hadn't finished it.  That cake was super rich, wow.  Rich but delish!!!

No comments: