As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Sweet Kind of Day... Sunday, May 14

This time in two weeks I'll be touching down in the Great White North pretty much penniless and homeless... and then I have to figure out how I'm going to get my butt back here to the Philippines.

The life of an entrepreneur, the story of a starving athlete -- the struggle IS real and it's continual.

I'm eager to see my friends in Canada, to train at System and attend Grant Church.  Today I headed to CCF by myself and I felt totally lost in a sea of Filipinos and Filipinas.  I definitely was the odd one out.  Despite sitting in a section of the church that is first to fill up, no one sat beside me.  It was me, them, and five seats of emptiness separating us.

After church I got invited out for lunch so I took an Uber to BGC where I enjoyed some Japanese dining.  Lunch was then followed by coffee at none other than the one Tim Hortons I've spotted since being here.  The funny thing is I don't really love Tim Hortons coffee and I always get a good giggle at just how jam packed the place gets but it's a taste of Toronto and I love Toronto.

Want to confuse a Filipino working at Timmies here, order a triple-double.

I waited 15 minutes for my medium double-double, sweetener instead of sugar.

I'm still super sore from yesterday's leg workout and my gym membership at Fitness First just expired.  I took tonight off the weights, not just because I was sore but more so because my condo's gym is rather ghetto and I've seen people with bigger bedrooms than it.  Plan is to hold off till I move into my new condo in Makati.

I enjoyed a cheat meal today but must admit I loaded it up.  Yesterday I pushed through a No Carb Day that proved to be harder than expected because of being out with friends at FightCon.   I stuck to protein and veggies... and coffee.  My cheat meal tonight consisted of pizza and.... drum roll, please... a piece of that double chocolate cake from Starbucks.  I had struggled through the total distraction of it that it posed to me on Friday when I was suppose to be working on my business proposal.  I shared the cake but two bites into it I realized first hand why that couple had nursed it for so long and why they hadn't finished it.  That cake was super rich, wow.  Rich but delish!!!

No comments: