As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

All Fighting Sports Under One Roof

Walked into FightCon today and this was what welcomed me... intimidating but impressive.
Pretty much every fighting sport was present today.
Each sport took their turn to do a demonstration. 
I was particularly interested in this female fighter who kept 
true to her religious background and kicked royal butt with the boys.
 There were a lot of fierce female fighters present.  Way to go Filipinas!!!
Got a bit distracted by the bods of these fighters!
The ultra toned bodies and lack of body fat, dang Skippy.  I want that too for my body!
 Coach Kristian from Hernandez Boxing texted to say he was coming so I hung out with him and his adorable son.  The both were equally stuck on this particular XBox boxing game... too funny!
Look at who I also ran into -- ONE Championship Heavyweight Champ, Brandon Vera.
The man was massive, both in personality and in size.  
He could have easily palmed my entire head with his hand!!!
Part of the excitement of today's convention was checking out the live fights at the end of the day. 
I think I was more interested in the fitness challenge they had posed than the fights actually.  

No comments: