As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

FightCon... Saturday, May 13

I checked out FightCon today, a big event out of town where pretty much every fighting sport under the sun was present -- boxing, Jiu Jitsu, karate, Hapkido, and the list went on.

Brandon Vera, the ONE Championship Heavyweight Champ was present so I tried to play it smooth and slip in for a picture with him.  Man, that guy is a beast!  I don't exactly consider myself very small, hey I may be a small Polack but I'm living in the land of shorties (the Philippines), but beside him I looked like a little dwarf.

I stayed to watch the finals in which they did 2 minutes each of 4 different exercises -- push ups, squats, frog jumps, and burpees.  The point of the competition was to see how many they could do of each exercise in the round.  There were four exercises so the competition lasted 4 rounds.  Each contestant had a ref with them, counting how many they did in the 2 minute rounds.  I was cheering for a few of the females participating but then lost it when they allowed one to really do half a$$ squats and get away with it.  She went against a few other females, one of which was killing it and going super low on the squats.  I left before they announced the winner.  That stuff annoys me.

No comments: