As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, May 12, 2017

It's Just a Piece of Cake... Friday, May 12

I lit up my social media with cake tonight as I sat at Starbucks.  I had gone there to continue my slaving away at my business planning but instead was caught in a war of temptation -- battling my clean eating with my most random desire to indulge in double chocolate cake.

I don't even like cake.  I don't really even like chocolate either.

There I was though, mentally struggling.  I was already exhausted from my training earlier that day.  And though I had settled down for a nap after boxing, I had napped way too long and woke up frustrated that I had slept away a few hours of what could have been super productive business proposal writing time. 

Sitting down at Starbucks was a total bust once that couple at the end of the table sat down with that double chocolate cake.  Yes,...I'm totally passing the blame on to them.  I was physically exhausted from training and mentally exhausted from the hours I clocked in yesterday on my business proposal. 

I was caught in a moment of weakness when that plate hit the table.

Long after I had left Starbucks, I continued on about that cake and I think I stopped when I finally passed out for the night.  By then it was close to probably 1 or 2am.

I should have just bought a piece of cake, seriously.


No comments: