As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makate, Philippines. Life, for me, is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman and I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Friday, May 12, 2017

It's Just a Piece of Cake... Friday, May 12

I lit up my social media with cake tonight as I sat at Starbucks.  I had gone there to continue my slaving away at my business planning but instead was caught in a war of temptation -- battling my clean eating with my most random desire to indulge in double chocolate cake.

I don't even like cake.  I don't really even like chocolate either.

There I was though, mentally struggling.  I was already exhausted from my training earlier that day.  And though I had settled down for a nap after boxing, I had napped way too long and woke up frustrated that I had slept away a few hours of what could have been super productive business proposal writing time. 

Sitting down at Starbucks was a total bust once that couple at the end of the table sat down with that double chocolate cake.  Yes,...I'm totally passing the blame on to them.  I was physically exhausted from training and mentally exhausted from the hours I clocked in yesterday on my business proposal. 

I was caught in a moment of weakness when that plate hit the table.

Long after I had left Starbucks, I continued on about that cake and I think I stopped when I finally passed out for the night.  By then it was close to probably 1 or 2am.

I should have just bought a piece of cake, seriously.


No comments: