As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Struggle and Peer Pressure

The struggle is real and peer pressure is still alive and thriving!
I spent a solid 6hrs occupying the corner seat at a table at Starbucks, working on my business proposal, and when I returned from the bathroom this was on my stuff -- a slice of a cinnamon bun one of the barristers here had left for me.  It was a sweet surprise... literally. 
Heyyyyyy, who was I to refuse her super sweet gift of sugar and spice?!  Exactly.
The struggle continued with me realizing after my workout I had finished off my protein power.
Have no fear, woke up in the early morning to a special delivery sent to me by someone special.

No comments: