As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Ready to Go but One Problem... Wednesday, May 10

Currently I'm working eagerly on revising my business proposal so to accommodate the major change of me launching it here in the Philippines.  I am now busy researching and rewriting the sections of my business proposal about my competition and target market.  

For a while there I was super hesitant and reluctant to really attract my proposal because I didn't know if I'd be launching it here or back in Toronto.  It's very hard to write a business plan if you don't even know your location let alone what country you're going to put it in.  

I weighted out all the pros and cons for both the Philippines and Canada but, to tell you the truth, it basically came down to one thing, to one question -- where do I feel I can make the greater impact.  

Philippines is my new home.  

In June I'll be hopefully moving out of Eastwood and possibly to Makati.

I have my May 28th return ticket to Canada and I feel I should use it to go say bye to friends and to have a sit down conversation with my father.  I'm already on limited cash already and I cringe at having to spend $5 for coffee so that I can use the wifi here at Starbucks but now I'm faced with another dilemma.  

How do I pay for a return ticket back to the Philippines?!

I was hoping to go from the Philippines to Canada, Canada to Korea and then Korea back to the Philippines.  I had discussed with Snickers my plan and me wanting to clear up legal stuff with us but once again he's been MIA with answering back to me.  

A certain someone in Korea offered to pay for my ticket but I suspect that will come with strings attached though he's tried to reassure me that it doesn't.  

Crunch time is approaching and with a little over two weeks to figure out how to get back here, I may end up not being able to leave in the first place if I can't find an answer.  It would be so great to see friends, visit my pastor and church, and go to my gym, but I just don't have the extra grand laying around.

I have an amazing idea for my upcoming business but I'm still very much a starving entrepreneur and starving athlete.  The struggle is real. 

No comments: