As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

A Little Bit of Grant... Sunday, June 11

Discovered a very cool feature of my neighbourhood -- a local market that takes over the corner parking lot down my street every Sunday!!!  I didn't think the parking lot was particularly big but oh boy did they seriously pack in a crazy quantity of shops.  It was nothing short of fabulous, really!  Food, spices, jewelry, clothes, dog stuff, trinkets,... You name it, they had it!  I indulged in some fresh made-on-the-spot fruit juice, some chicken empanadas (a Spanish pastry stuffed with veggies and chicken), and a little elephant holder with incense to burn.

Attended a new church today and it was a refreshing change from CCF Main Church that I had been attending prior here in the Philippines.  It's a smaller church located just around the corner from my condo and in many ways it reminded me of my church in Toronto, Grant African Church.  CCF Main was way too big for me and honestly the only reason why I went there was because I liked who I was attending it with -- family.  But to simply be able to walk down the street and attend church here in my city, that's so awesome.  Not to mention they let me bring in food and today they served me ice cream and coffee after the service!  Tomorrow is Independence Day here in the Philippines so the ice cream after service was to acknowledge it.  I think they have weekly refreshments after their services though and I like that.  It was a bit much having so many people come up and introduce themselves to me but I appreciated their efforts to include me in and acknowledge that I was new.  I definitely didn't feel lost in the crowd there or just some randomer.  I have a name at that church, it's Amy, and now a handful of them all know it.

No comments: