As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Always Better with Friends... Sunday, June 25

I attended a private sake-tasting party tonight at the shop belonging to a couple I know.

I knew I'd have a fun time but I also knew I'm exactly like my dad and am next to impossible to get out of the house.  I'm such a homebody... plus I wanted to get in a good workout and hadn't yet today. 

The hostess was a beautiful gal who let me practice my business pitch with this past week and her husband was the host.  He's quite the talented chef so I knew the chances of there being food there was high.

Hey... remember, I may be an entrepreneur but I'm still an athlete.  Food always gets my attention. 

Both the hostess and host are new friends of mine but they're also quite the successful entrepreneurs so it's always interesting to hear what they have to say and get their opinions on things.  

So I headed out to the party.

There were eleven of us in total and I only knew three of those in attendance.  By the end of the night I had talked to them all, exchanged contact info and even went so far as to be egged on to punch one of the guys to show them how strong I was.  I had mixed feelings about that including my nervousness about possibly snapping my wrist because I didn't have any kind of protective wear, ie. handwraps, on my already once broken wrist.  

I arrived for a Japanese sake-tasted party, left with two handfuls of new friends and in between eating my weight in cheese and making new friends I had been convinced to join their co-ed rugby team... nice.

Not bad for a Sunday evening that I almost skipped out on because I wanted to hit the gym.

No comments: