As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Fight Day in Korea, Food Day in the Philippines

It was a big fight day in Korea with one of my favourite amateur fighters stepping 
in the ring, fighting out of my club, Hulk's.
 Four of the five fighters from Hulk's won their bouts.
And there was another big fight going on in Korea today.
 I wasn't fighting in the ring today but I was fighting some major hunger pains.
I went to Picnic for lunch and then was treated to an amazing Japanese restaurant in the evening. 
I was spoiled with all the delish dishes that graced our table.
 And then we headed for dessert.
 All this mingling is tough stuff, no, I'm serious.  I really try to steer away from dinner out but there's this fabulous lady who is quite the foodie and who keeps on "insisting" I join her.  Dining out with her isn't so often and I usually enter in the meal with a "recovery plan" for the next day which means I go anti-carbs and eat super clean.

No comments: