As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

And Just Like That I'm Going... Tuesday, June 6

Bought my plane ticket, something I've been super nervous about since before I even got here to Canada.  Honestly, I'm been super apprehensive about buying it because, as silly as it sounds, I'm so nervous about being stuck here in Canada.  "Stuck in Canada", like that's so bad, right?  Wrong.  I love Canada but my life and my Second Dream are now in the Philippines.

I feel so relieved now that I have my ticket.

I anticipated staying here for two weeks but was being encouraged to stay longer.  I can't disconnect myself from what I'm doing in the Philippines though.  Only a couple of weeks ago I dropped the bomb and said I'd be launching my business there and then I used my original return ticket to come and tie up lose ends here in Canada.  I need to keep the momentum going and I really do miss the Philippines.  Life is so different for me there.

I leave tomorrow... well, technically tonight.  My plane leaves Wednesday at 1:45am.

Bought my ticket, went out for lunch with The Captain and MaG, then ditched taking the TTC and just walked home.  My last day in the big city, last day in Canada, and I wanted to take it all in.  I wanted to buy some Western goodies too before I headed out too.  Shoppers Drugmart has always been my go-to spot for getting Western goodies.  Crest toothpaste, Lady Speedstick and some Revlon and Covergirl products, all things I used to crave in Korea and now crave in the Philippines because of the absence of them.

At 9:30pm, The Captain met up with me at MaG's house and we started our journey to the Toronto Pearson airport.

No comments: