As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Attacking The Numbers... Thursday, June 15

I'm the queen of procrastination when it comes to doing something that I need to do but don't want to do.  My business plan write up is pretty much 95% done with exception of one section I need to get more detail about and another section I'm waiting for someone else to add their input on.

...but the business financials.... urghhhhhh

I was given the task today of attacking and conquering my business financials.  I had till 10pm to finish.

At 2pm I sat down in front of the laptop to start plugging away on them.

At 3pm I actually started.

Four hours I finally finished them.  I knew they'd need tweaking but I didn't know where or what numbers would have to be altered.  I did them to the best I could and left them for my business mentor to review and help me adjust accordingly but they done to the best of my capability.

Does it feel good to have them done?!  Ummm... not really and I say that only because it looks like it's going to cost me a lot more than I had originally intended, like 50% more!  I was told that the rule of thumb for predicting the cost of construction here is to take your square meter space and times it by 20,000Php (Filipino peso), that's $570CDN per square meter.  I'm anticipating my space to be 418sq.ft (4,500sq.ft).  Do the math... and then pick up your dropped jaw! Yikes.

No comments: