As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Beauty in Asia

Headed over to Green Belt today, it's a shopping mall here.  And while standing there, scanning the scene with my eyes, I couldn't help but giggle at how the Philippines many of my friends in 
Canada envision is so different than the Philippines I live in.  I live in the REAL Philippines and 
it's gorgeous and full of so much wonderful potential.
 I was treated out to a beautiful meal out by some beautiful friends.
The Philippines has street cats like Korea but they're not as scary.
This beautiful little one slept under our table while I ate.  I'm not much of a cat person, I used to be, but this tiny one had me pondering how to sneak it home in my bag.  The picture doesn't do it justice though.  He was super tiny, about the size of my shoe!

No comments: