As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Gym Nasty at Elite... Monday, June 12

Day two of boxing at Elite.
Day two of feeling a bit nauseous in the final rounds.
... I love it.

I forgot just how hot it is in the Philippines, how completely humid it gets, and then I'm reminded when I come to boxing.  I sweat like a beast at training, wow.  Coach Bogs asked me if I wanted to be stretched out after training and I responded with "are you kidding me?!  I don't even want to touch my own body after training... I'm nasty".  And I am nasty -- gym nasty!

Coach Bogs has started to teach me Tagalog (Filipino) when training me.

"one"
"double"
"four"
"Go forward"
"Go backward"
"Do it again"

Those are the six we worked on today.  Honestly, I can't remember them to say them but when he yells them out at me during pad work I know what he's saying and how to respond.

No comments: