As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Home Sweet Home... Thursday, June 8

It's hard to distinguish what happened on Wednesday compared to Thursday, today, because I lost a day due to the time zone differences and spent a good 20 hours or so up in the air.

It was a long journey back to the Philippines...

1hr          Commute from MaG's home to Pearson Airport.
3hrs         Check-in, waiting at the airport and then boarding the plane.
15hrs       Flight #1:  Toronto, Canada to Taipei, Taiwan.
10hrs       Stopover in Taiwan.
2.5hrs      Flight #2:  Taipei, Taiwan to Manila, Philippines.
1hr          Customs, baggage check and then Uber it to Makati.

...for a grand total of 32.5hrs spent traveling to my new home.

Arrived at my new condo.  It was the first time I had actually seen it because during my stay in Canada the original condo landlord pulled out and decided not to rent.  I of course was in Canada and unable to check out any other condo so I left that to Snickers and the Relator to figure out.  They made an executive decision and picked a different condo.

Walking into my new home was one thing, reuniting with Balboa was another thing.  He was so happy to see me that he couldn't stop jumping.  We had only been separated for 10 days but I had been told that every time he returns from his walks he runs into the apartment and checks the rooms, looking for me.  Finally I was home.  It felt so good to scoop that little boy up in my arms and kiss him.  I missed him so much.

As for my new condo, it's absolutely gorgeous.  It's decorated country chic -- white walls and off white furniture that looks somewhat aged.  It's beautiful.  I have a massive bedroom, a very relaxing sitting area, a laundry room that also will function as a keep-my-smelly-boxing-gear-out-of-here room, a big kitchen, and a cut out in the kitchen wall where there's a counter and bar stools.  I can already see myself turning that into a work space.  I love it.  The condo is so much better than the original one we signed for but didn't get.  It definitely makes you appreciate those unexpected closed doors.  Sometimes when a door closes it's because there's something better waiting for you.  This was definitely the case in this situation, wow.

Love, love, LOVE my new home.

No comments: