As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

My Days Are Kind of Mixed Up


Flight two of two was finally here and ready for me to board.  
Goodbye Taiwan, hello Philippines!!!
Hello new home.  Hello beautiful Balboa!
 I beat jet lag like a champ so I was good to go for a special meal out and then dessert.
Ended the evening with a dip in my condo's pool.... love, love, LOVE it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Are you back with Snickers???!!! Why? Why, did he help with your new condo? Did he worm his way back to you?

I am a reader/fan/supporter from when I first found your blog a long time ago when you were in Korea before your gym. I think you will struggle for the rest of your life bc of your bad decisions. I think you need help with your low self esteem. I am sorry to sound so harsh but I am so disappointed. How could you associate with him again after all he did to you and your boxing dream in Korea. You left the gym you struggled and built with your sweat, blood and tears.

You seemed to be doing well with your new life in Korea. Did he visit you in Philippines from Korea? Why would you give him the chance to screw up your life again?

You are better than. him, his family, his friends. He was never good to you and you clung to him forever. Why would you not continue to build your life with good people? I am Korean and I think you are too good for him, he does not love or care for you. Love is not abusive. You have not learned your lesson.

I am so sad and ultra disappointed, I hope you the best but can guarantee it will be nothing but bad with Snickers back in your life........

Take care and be careful.

Your Long Time Reader

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Dear Long Time Reader,

I'm super touched by what you wrote, honestly, but you'll be happy to know that I am NOT with Snickers. I left him almost two years ago when I left Korea. I haven't gone back since and no he did not help me with my new condo. I think you're mistaking Skittles for Snickers. Skittles is someone whom I met in Toronto and who has since become my biggest business mentors, helping me make my move to the Philippines and assisting me with launching my business.

I hope you're relieved to hear that I have left my life in Korea, detached myself from all the negativity that became attached to it, and have since made quite the beautiful life for myself. I am definitely surrounded by a lot of beautifully positive people here in the Philippines and that was one of the reasons why I decided to stay here. Life is definitely different for me now but I am safe, I am happy, and I am very excited about what is going to become of my new business and life here. Thank you so much for the support, I hope you continue to read my homepage, and thank you for your honesty. Too many people aren't honest and open as such but I respect and appreciate it.

-- Amy