As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

In Search of My Next WOW... Thursday, June 22

Great Scot!  That's an overdose of bread!!!

Dining at Wildflour for breakfast is a true test for my self control and the binge eater in me.  The fact that it'd be impossible for me to simply pick just one pastry leaves me not even wanting to try.  I'd eat a piece of each if I was allowed... if my wallet allowed that is.  Don't kid yourself, I'm not even thinking of my waistline at this point.  Bread is my kyrptonite.  I'm a glutton for gluten. 

I have sparring tomorrow so I enjoyed a bit of carb-loading today but clean carbs.

Coach Bon (the coach of my sparring opponent from last Saturday) hasn't heard from his fighter so I'll be sparring with Coach Bogs tomorrow.  Ironically enough though tonight I heard from her, Coach Bon's female fighter.  On my Dead Aim Amy Facebook fan page today a female fighter who use to train out of Elite commented on one of my pictures and then tagged my opponent, asking her how was sparring with me.  I had a good giggle when I saw the two of them conversing on my fan page and now we're all Facebook friends, very cool.  

Also some very cool news, tonight I got word from a certain Filipina female fighter that she's all in if I want to hire her for my company... AMAZING!!!  I wanted so much to hire her for Hulk's but couldn't.  Now I'm launching my next business on my own terms and now I can hire her.  She wasn't able to give me a confirmed yes or no earlier when I asked her a few weeks ago because of a previous opportunity she hadn't yet decided upon but now she's all in.  It had been a long day today but getting word from her was just so awesome.  I can't really disclose the details of it all but know that this is a fabulous thing and I'm so happy.  

My business idea is getting massive rave reviews but it's a struggle to find investors because it's all about networking and really putting yourself out there among the right people.  I'm surrounded by a lot of positive and super supportive people though so I know word of mouth is going to be key for me.  I just have to keep on putting myself out there.  The struggle is real though but the challenge is what makes it so great.  If it were so easy it wouldn't be so great.  When it came to Hulk's, my real break came with just being persistent and continually working at my plan.  I got my big break one day when I walked into WOW Motors and one man saw the potential and passion in me.  It'd be amazing if I found my WOW here in the Philippines, a person that was both an investor and mentor.  I miss Hulk's a lot but these days I'm really missing WOW.  He was really the glue that kept me together when times got tough and he helped polish Hulk's to become so great. 

I need WOW or at least a Filipino version of him.  

No comments: