As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

My Favourite Day This Trip... Saturday, June 3

Today's things to do, people to see, places to go...
Breakfast with J-Doll... And of course coffee too!
Bike it to MaG's cottage with The Captain for some kayaking.
Head to my brother T-Roy's house to surprise Gilly-Bean for her birthday.
Zoom back to the cottage for fire pit chillaxin' time.

Biking to MaG's cottage meant carrying a folded up kayak on my back.  It was a 40lb bag that added complications and balance problems as we flew on The Captain's motorcycle but I did it.  We managed it and now we all have some funny stories to tell because of it.  

If I thought I wasn't already cold here in Canada, flying on a motorcycle up north was definitely chilly.  After awhile I didn't mind it though, honestly.  Mind you I think it's because my body went numb.  Just joking.  Balancing the backpack was a good distraction from it all. 

MaG's cottage is set beside a gorgeous river that leads out to a lake so kayaking today was very cool.  There were five of us out on the river on three kayaks.  In between enjoying the beauty of the cottage's river and then the fire pit, The Captain and I slipped away to my brother's house to surprise my nieces.  They didn't know I was even in the country and today the youngest of the three, Gilly-Bean, was celebrating her 6th birthday party.  The Captain has met them all before, he's their "adopted" Uncle Will, so it was nice to have him join me.  When we arrived I tapped on the front door and the oldest of the three opened it.  Her jaw dropped at the sight of me and she threw her arms around me.  

The Captain and I stayed for dinner, cake and the opening of Gilly-Bean's gifts, and then we headed back to the cottage where we were joined by MaG, her son and daughter-in-law, and some of her friends.

No comments: