As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

An Overdose of Friends, Family and Food

Breakfast and coffee with one of my favourite friends who, ironically enough, is Filipino.
Then it was off to meet up with The Captain... note the backpack I'm wearing!!!
Inside that massive bag was a blow-up kayak.  It was a bit brutal carrying it on my back 
while on the motorcycle but it was so worth it!!!
Ended up meeting up with MaG and two of her friends on the lake.
Look at that; what a sight!  Now I know why MaG is always at the cottage.
I got cool points for surprising my nieces and showing up on a motorcycle.
But really it was The Captain that helped me score those cool points.
He brought sunglasses for all my nieces and nephews and then he let them all, including my dad, have a seat on his motorcycle.  They loved it!
Today we all celebrated Gilly-Bean's 6th birthday.
The house was packed with family.
After the party, The Captain and I jumped back on the bike and headed back to the cottage.

No comments: