As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Rain, Pain and an Unexpected Gift

 This is me comforting one very spooked Balboa.  He's not a fan of the thunder, it absolutely petrifies him, so I have to hold him close and hold him tight.  He's been super scared of thunder ever since those kids lit that can of fireworks in Cabbagetown.  Prior to that he was absolutely fearless.
I checked out a new boxing club today, Empire Boxing.  It's a 24hr club.

 I just had to snap some pictures of their comical wall signs before I left.
 It was a lonely workout today.  I was only there to use the club and not for one-to-one training but the vibe of the club was off for me.  So I put my head down and just went about training.
In the evening I attended a very special little girl's 11th birthday party and was there, at her party, I was introduced to a most unusual dish... cow's tongue.  Honestly, despite it looking exactly like what it was and that kind of freaking me out, it was very delish.  Super tender meat.
 Posing for pictures with the beautiful birthday girl and her younger sister.
It was her birthday and yet she had made handmade personalized gifts for all her guests.
I got a little boxing glove magnet which was absolutely perfect.  Of course I'm in love with boxing but I'm still very much in the beginning stage of making my house a home and so now my naked fridge is naked no more.

No comments: