As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Saying Yes to What Dress?!... Wednesday, June 28

The front desk called up to my condo today.  Someone had personally delivered a package for me.  It was a small box and inside this small box was a wedding invite but it wasn't like any other wedding invite I've ever seen and it wasn't for just any other couple.  It was a 6 piece wedding invite for a luxurious lady who is quite the Filipina socialite with over twenty-four thousand followers on Instagram.  

The wedding is in September, the invite states it's "strictly formal", and it's going to be as gorgeous and as elaborately stunning as its bride.  I met the bride a couple of months ago at a late evening dinner party and now I'm going to her wedding.  I'm so excited.  It's going to be my first ever Filipino wedding here in the Philippines but I'm a bit intimidated by the fact that I found out I have to wear two outfits at the wedding -- one for the ceremony and another for the reception, as if finding one dress to wear wasn't hard enough.  

My date is wearing Prada, nice, and if he wearing Prada wasn't enough just yesterday he sent his suit in to get tailored so that it fits his body like a glove.  Great,... my date with his lavish suit, his always-so-perfect hair, perfectly tanned skin, and boyish smile is what I have to match with... no pressure.

So I have to find two outfits to wear PLUS match with my date... wow.

I'm not too sure on what I'll wear for the ceremony but I did pack my New Year's Eve dress I wore just this past NYE so I'm going to wear that.  It's got a slit up the side that makes my shorter than short legs look like they stretch on for mines.  As for my hair, I might go a bit wild and put some beach style waves in it or go extra slick and really do up my makeup.  I'm like a little kid playing in their mom's makeup cabinet though when it comes to makeup.  I really don't know how to do the whole smokey eye thing or even eyeliner for that matter.  Either I'll splurge and get the pros to do it or I'll go for my usual nude look and make my lips bold.  I don't know.  I have till September to figure this out though.  

No comments: