As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

A Gross Realization... Sunday, July 9

I've gone back to using IIFYM after being frustrated for too long with being in this plateau state too long.  IIFYM... If It Fits Your Macros.  No, not If It Fits Your Mouth, though as funny as that sounds I feel way too often this is the dietary path many people go on, seriously.

Today was my refuel day, a refeed day.... a planned day of overeating.

The plan was to eat over 2,000 calories today but I pretty much hit that in my one refuel meal.

I ate a healthy breakfast at the market.  I ate fresh Greek yogurt with granola, cranberries and sliced banana.  And then I headed out after church for a refuel meal.

I ate at a restaurant called Fatburger and my refuel meal consisted of the following:
1 Original Fatburger -- 1/3lbs of beef, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mustard, brie cheese
+ 1 regular order of fries
+ small Dairy Queen Oreo blizzard
It totalled 1,775 calories...!!!

Yes, you read that right.  My ONE refuel meal totalled a crazy 1,775 calories.  And to think I opted to just drink water with it.  I didn't get any of the more loaded burgers like the Triple Kingsburger -- a three patty burger that has 1.5lbs of beef.  I went for the simplest and smallest of their burgers, the Original Fatburger from Fatburger.

The craziest thing to me wasn't just how many calories I had just inhaled but how I wasn't exactly full because the meal wasn't so big.  Many of the others at the restaurant had eaten more than me.  This was my refuel meal, that's why I was there eating so many calories, but this was just a regular meal for the average person there and that fact alone kind of disturbed me.  That's worrisome.  

No comments: