As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 03, 2017

A Real Moment... Monday, July 3

Despite Pacquiao's loss, everyone seemed to be in high spirits today at training.  I really anticipated the coaches especially to be disappointed and have a mouthful of comments and criticism for me to hear but it wasn't as such.  Coach Bogs didn't have too much to say about it but he did tease me about my head movement during a particular combo and then take it upon himself to rename that combo "The Horn".  I literally had to stop during pad work to catch myself from almost peeing my pants.  It was hilarious and he knew it too so even after my six rounds of pad work with him Coach Bogs would spontaneously break out into a silly imitation of me doing "The Horn".  

Right after boxing I had to hurry home, shower and down my protein shake because I had to get to Immigration.  On Thursday I went to Immigration and they extended my visa but I had to go today to get my passport.  

Got it.

Much to my surprise my request for a six month extension was greeted with an extra month, 7 months, sweet.  I vouch I got that for good behaviour and plus the Philippines figures that anyone who loves Pac so much that they named one of their dog's after the Philippine's God is deserving of a little extra love.  Nice.  Thank you Philippines!!! Mahal Kita.

Straight from Immigration I went to the printers.

In my hands I now posses the first official physical copy of my business proposal and in all it's glory it's 47 pages of my thoughts, plans, and dreams laid out for investors to read all about.  It feels so good to finally have my sweaty little hands on it.  It was one of those "this finally feels real" moments.

No comments: