As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Never a Day of Rest

Sunday mornings mean corner market time.
Corner market time means loading up on fresh fruit and veggies.
I brought my beautiful four-legged sidekick along for the event.
In anticipation of catching the Pacquiao fight and all the excitement attached to that, 
I headed to a rougher part of town to mingle with the locals and take it all in.
I watched it at a local sports bar just below a boxing club and the place was packed.
Seats were limited, even I didn't get a seat, but Pac fans had no problem standing.
The bar was lined outside with so many Pac fans wanting to get in on the action.
Pacquiao lost, according to the judges' perspective that is, so to lighten the disappointment of the day I thought I'd share MY Pacquiao.  This is Pacquiao Bere, my gorgeous and overly protective Pac who was my personal four-legged security in Korea.  He's still there, living at Hulk's, but has since retired from being a bodyguard and now it's Balboa here with me who acts as my little shadow.
After the big fight I headed out for location hunting and then I was treated to a girls dinner out.
The before shot of my food.
The after shot.  Note that I hardly touched my noodles.  I'm not a big noodle fan but 
those eggs and soup... woozers... they were quite delish.

No comments: