As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Definitely Not a Day of Rest... Sunday, July 23

I was just suppose to go to the market today and then go to church but that's not how today went down.

Picked up veggies at the market.
Sparring at Elite in the morning.
Birthday lunch out in Eastwood.
Checked out a friend's artwork out in BGC.
Enjoyed a refuel day back in Makati.

One day, three cities.

I never did make it to church. 

No sooner did I finish sparring and go a few rounds on the heavy bag but I had a special visitor at the boxing club who had come to invite me out to a birthday lunch.  The birthday lunch was held over in Eastwood, the city where I use to live.  I don't care for the city but I care a lot for the people at today's special celebratory lunch so of course I went.

Lunch at T.G.I.F. was followed by a small blizzard at Dairy Queen.  

...and then I had pizza back at my condo.

It was a refuel day and though I vouch I ate pretty clean at T.G.I.F. (I ordered chicken and brown rice), I did nibble on some of the plates of those around me.  Hey, what can I say, the Filipinos do communal eating like the Koreans.  Anyways, the meal was pretty clean but I had a blizzard.  I asked for a mini and was given a medium so I scooped 2/3rds of it into someone else's cup to eat.  

But the pizza.... yeah, that's where things went a bit over the top.

We ordered a medium pizza, him and I, and I think I ate more than him.  I ate half.  

Yup, in my little 5ft 2" body that weighs in at around 125lbs, I packed in half a medium size pizza.

I could say "I'm bulking" and laugh at the lie of that statement but instead I'll just say it was my refuel day.  I eat super clean and no I don't believe that just because I train hard that I can eat anything I want.  People who say that, well, I want to punch them in the throat because it's absolutely not true.  Just like one good meal doesn't make you fit, one bad meal doesn't make you unfit, but a bunch of those similar meals does add up and stunt your progress.  I kill myself at training and though I'm no where in my health and fitness journey where I use to be, I am not where I want to be yet, and one of the main keys to it all has been food.  

No comments: